Sunday, April 19, 2009

day of rest

You wouldn't believe it.  I woke up this morning, went downstairs, and made breakfast.  Eggs, bacon, biscuits - the whole nine yards.  I even cooked Alex's favorite kind of eggs, over-easy.  Did I microwave my bacon? NO!  I actually cooked them on the skillet.  Now, you may be wondering why I'm making such a big deal out of this... if any of you know me, I am not a cook.  But this morning, I just had the feeling I wanted to make breakfast.  And I did!

Unfortunately, breakfast did run a little late and I was still in my pajamas and my hair was all frizzy and curly.  When breakfast was over, Alex and I had about 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave for sacrament.  Oops.  We went upstairs and got ready anyways, knowing we would probably miss the sacrament.  But I really wanted to go today even though I knew we were going to be late.

When we got there, we parked in the very, very back of the parking lot and as we walked into the chapel, we noticed that it was packed.  Overflow was even packed, so we just listened outside in the foyer from the overhead speakers.  We got to listen to the talks at least =]  

Gospel doctrine was a great class today.  The lady that taught it was a teacher so her organization was superb and I was able to follow.  We talked about how the scriptures are the most valuable things we have to stay close to our Heavenly Father and all the revelation given to Joseph Smith is a priceless treasure that we are to cherish.  

I don't know about what happened in Elder's Quorum, but in Relief Society, I sat next to Megan Smith - she's my new friend =]  She's 20 years old and is practically a newlywed (she's been married a little over a year) and her husband, Zack, happens to be Alex's home teaching companion!

That's the exciting part of the day - church!

Love,
Alex & Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment