Sunday, August 16, 2009

our trip to cali

I can't believe it's been FOREVER since our last update!

Well, last week we went to California for a LA Dodger game.  That was sooo much fun!  

On the way there Friday night, while speeding on the California freeways, we listened to techno music and when the sun went down, we turned on/off all our lights and it was like a portable dance party.  It was hilarious!!!  Alex and Ryan were in the front and Kelsey and me were in the back.  She brought her computer (a Mac user; makes me smile) and I showed her some fun things to do...Photo Booth:


Photobucket

Needless to say, she enjoyed all the fun new things on her laptop. We got to Redondo Beach around 10pm at night and you could instantly smell the ocean right when we got out of the car. The temperature was a little cold, well, compared to Vegas...it was amazing! We stayed at the Redondo Beach Inn..or something like that. It was..nice. Hahaha. It was fine, really. Had everything we needed (except for, Kelsey noticed, a hairdryer).

The next morning right when we woke up, we went straight to the beach. PhotobucketIt was seriously a block over so all we had to do was walk. Kyle ran straight into the ocean just screaming his head off. It had to have been the funniest thing we all have ever witnessed. When I finally got in the water, I got slammed by a wave and it hurt. Kelsey watched my back for the rest of what waves were coming my way. Kelsey and I threw a football around in the water and the boys played catch with the baseball. We were there for at least 6 hours...and my dumb self did not wear one ounce of sunscreen. Later on, I found how red I was and it was very, VERY painful. No joke. Lesson learned, oh, lesson learned.Photobucket

Later on that night, we went to Dodger stadium (Max. capacity is 56,000) and from our view, it looked pretty packed!PhotobucketOur seats were sweet...even if the infield was a bit far away, we sat in the all-you-can-eat pavilion...that means unlimited hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts and drinks! Soooo worth it!Photobucket

The trip overall was amazing. California temperature was awesome. I only wish it could be the same here in Vegas! Hopefully we can go again soon...this time, it will be San Diego!

Much love, Alex & Barbara

P.S. Sorry if the photos are cut off.. I tried to make them fit as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment